Monday, August 24, 2009

a classy Hobo

Contrary to popular belief, I have thought this through, a little.  While the showers of flying J are an awesome option, Hawaii hasn't been colonized yet by that particular chain.  And since I don't need any more excuses for boys to flee before me...

I'll be showering at the CAC locker room every morning, which not only makes me a classy hobo, but also, Oprah will be proud of me because I'll be using the gym regularly, so as not to appear suspicious.  Hey, if this works out I can start a movement and get in on the multi-billion dollar weight loss industry.  Step 1: take to the streets...

The first sentence of the last paragraph is not an invitation, you creepy craigslisters...

I have to say, I'm becoming (probably irrationally) excited about this move.  I have to toss about half of my clothes and books, but I feel like this is going to be really good.  I think I was influenced too much by Jewel as a child, and if you've read the liner notes of her first CD, you'll know what I mean. 

Also, my band, Haberdashery, is doing mounting up-eagles' wings style good.  We're playing Hallowbaloo and a bunch of other crazy-cool performances, we're going to be done recording our full length album by the end of September, and I randomly got a call today about using our music in a commercial.  And anyone who's ever lived in Hawaii knows that local commercials are the best of the best.  Out of my way Neill Blomkamp.  Move over Michel Goundry.

The coolest thing by far about being in a band that's doing well is the fact that Bremen and I have discovered our superpowers:  we can get into bars and clubs without being carded.  Since neither of us imbibe, that may sound like meagre pickings to you.  But since I look (and act) like a teenager, and Bremen actually is one, this ability, nay, Gift is our (ok, my) official cool kids club membership card.  So suck on that Ashley Gross- queen of the seventh grade bullies at BHMS in 1997 and inspiration for that dumb Mean Girls movie.  "Gross!" you say?  I know, I know, with a name like that she should have been at my mercy, but I was a late bloomer. 

check out Haberdashery's website:  http://haberdasheryband.com/
and Hallowbaloo here: http://www.hallowbaloo.com/

1 comment:

  1. That's funny! :) I actually kinda remember who Ashley Gross was. It's been a while. I'm glad for your new found freedom. ~Jessie

    ReplyDelete